Cardiac and Stroke
- Stroke and Cerebral Vascular
- Interventional Cardiac Cath
- Pulmonary / Cardiac Rehab
- Cardiac Testing
- Express Care
Health Central University
- Health Central University
- Diabetes Education
- School Instructor Information
Health Central Park
- Health Central Park
- Dementia and Alzheimers
- Long Term Care
- Surgery Center
Women and Children
- Women and Children
- Wound Healing
Health Central grows to treat more hearts.
To keep pace with the need for interventional cardiac care, Health Central has invested in an additional cardiac catheterization lab to provide faster diagnosis and a higher level of patient care. Now, cardiac patients can be diagnosed and treated without having to leave Health Central. When there’s a heart-related emergency calling for ballooning or stenting of coronary vessels, we’ve got you covered 24/7/365.
Lifesaving Cardiac Care
Coronary heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. A Stroke is the third leading cause of death in the United States and a leading cause of serious disability according to the American Heart Association. Health Central believes that prevention is as important as treatment and we can assist you in making informed lifestyle and healthcare choices to keep you well. Health Central Cardiology provides services that range from Cardiac and Pulmonary rehabilitation to a stress and sleep lab. Prevention information and overall cardiac knowledge including risk factors, warning signs and where to go are extremely important to the health of our community.
Patients experiencing ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI), a heart attack with a blocked coronary artery, will receive the fastest, most advanced care possible with the new Code STEMI program at Health Central. This severe heart attack is caused by a prolonged period of blocked blood supply that carries a substantial risk of death and disability if not for a quick response by many individuals.
With the implementation of the Code STEMI program, interventional cardiologists now provide around-the-clock care and begin the appropriate process when a heart attack patient is en route to the hospital.
Health Central's full-service Emergency Transport and Paramedic Services operate in a 210-square mile area with a fleet of 13 ambulances and one quick response vehicle. After receiving a possible coronary heart attack patient, the Health Central Paramedics will alert the ED staff.
Upon arrival, the STEMI patient will be given a verification EKG within 5 minutes. Security and members of the ED team will then immediately escort the patient to the onsite Cardiac Catheterization Lab where that team is already assembled and waiting to provide the vital life-saving treatment that will restore proper blood flow to the heart.
Outpatient Cardiac Care at Health Central includes the following services and programs:
- Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiac Catheterization Labs
- Echocardiography, Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE) & Stress Echocardiography
- Ambulatory Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Exercise Stress Testing, Nuclear Stress Testing & Pharmocolgical Stress Testing
- Tilt Table Testing
- Digital Sleep Lab
- Cardiac Rehabilitation & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Cardiac Patient-Focused Support Groups
Warning Signs of Cardiovascular Distress include:
- ANGINA: a feeling of tightness, pressure, or pain that appears with exertion or stress and disappears with rest. Usually felt in the chest, throat, upper abdomen, or arms.
- SHORTNESS OF BREATH: difficulty breathing, whether you're exerting yourself, at rest, or asleep.
- EDEMA: swelling of your ankles, usually at the end of the day.
- PALPATATIONS: forceful, rapid, or irregular heartbeat.
- FATIGUE: decreased ability to exercise, tiring easily.
- FAINTING: sudden loss of consciousness or lightheadedness.